Indian Mercury or Indian Copperleaf
Kuppaimeni is a popular green in South India for its medicinal values. The leaves of the plant are cooked and it is used in dosa, soup and rasam. Kuppaimeni is rich in alkaloids, catachols, flavonoids, phenolic compounds, saponins and steroids. Kuppaimeni is used in the treatment of many health problems including respiratory diseases.
- - It is very effective in curing asthma and bronchitis
- - Cures urinary blockage and supports easy flow of urine
- - Clears worms in the stomach of children and cures ear pain
- - When mixed with salt works wonders in relieving constipation
- - Cures common skin problems